Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17-friday, bird color and two variations


Two (stylized) renderings* of upward movement and birds in flight. I started with a pencil drawing, very loose and reworked it with color. The left is an earlier version. The right is a translation of the sketch into a paper cut. I like movement and flow of lines....sometimes, it seems to me that the drawing does evolve out of balancing lines. It feels sometimes very important to break out of that reliance, not only to challenge myself but also to avoid any formula of problem solving visually. It's an internal conversation or argument that I suspect makes me work more slowly and is full of that tension of creating and destroying.

An interesting exercise that I did with a paper cut was to photograph the stages in process and play back as an ImageReady file. -will post this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment